Little Athletics SA Clubs will once again be invited to participate at the Bay Sheffield.
Under 12 and above registered Little Athletes will be offered the opportunity to compete in dedicated Little Athletic events. All Little Athletics events will be programmed on 27th of December 2023. A draft schedule can be viewed on the home page.
DAY 1 EVENTS – 27th DECEMBER
- 120m Boys Little Aths – 24 Athletes max
- 120m Girls Little Aths – 24 Athletes max
The races will be all be handicapped. To improve handicapping, athletes’ times and information will now be sourced directly from SALAA and will include their best three times over 100m and the venue where the time was run. In handicap running, competitors start at different positions on the track dependent upon their ability. The handicaps are designed to even up the competition, so that the running is more fascinating and unpredictable, and gives everyone a chance.
Requirements for the event :
- Athletes must be attired in their correct full Centre Uniform.
- Athletes will need to report to the SAAL Administration tent (SA Athletics League), one hour before their race. At this time, the athletes will need to sign in for their race at the desk, warm up in the designated warm up area then collect their colours from the colours tent. The procedure will be the same for the finals.
- Footwear is compulsory and spikes are allowed – no more than 7mm. The race will be held on grass.
- Athletes may use starting blocks but they are not compulsory.
- Entry to these races will be free to Little Athletics registered members.
- Registered members with the SA Athletic League will not be able to enter.
- Entries Close 10th December 2023
- I acknowledge and consent to photographs, video and electronic images being taken of me during my participation in SAAL Events by an official representative of SAAL. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs, video and electronic images are owned by SAAL and that SAAL may use the photographs and video for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being necessary. Further, I consent to SAAL using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in any SAAL Event, at any time, by any form of media, to promote the event and SAAL. SAAL is not responsible for photographs, video and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of SAAL.