Information for athletes – Marshalling, Scratching and Accepting
ACCEPTANCES AND SCRATCHINGS
- You will not be able to scratch online for this year’s Bay Sheffield Carnival.
- If a runner wants to scratch, this needs to be done at the Administration tent on the day or via email to email@example.com or on 0400 353 506 no later than one hour prior to the first heat of the event. Scratching must state your name and which event you are scratching from.
- The Bay Sheffield Carnival requires athletes to accept in person 1 hour prior to the first scheduled heat for all events including The Men’s and Women’s 120m Bay Sheffield. Athletes who have not reported their intention to start to the Scratching Steward in the SAAL Admin tent at least 1 HOUR before the time appointed for starting the first heat of such event shall be automatically scratched from the event. All semi and final qualifiers in events where heats are run, are deemed automatic starters unless notified by the Chief Steward to the Scratching Steward.
- Please note that the SAAL Admin tent will be at the northern end of Colley this year due to building works on the rotunda.
- Please put your blocks behind your lane for sprint events
- Report to the marshalling tent adjacent the sprint track 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of your race.
- Please ensure you are in the correct colour singlet. Finalist silks, sponsor race bibs, number bibs and spare colours will be located in the marshalling tent.